MVC Immigration Consulting

Spousal Open Work Permit Program Canada

Vancouver Immigration Consultant

For students that are married or in a common-law relationship, the spousal open work permit allows the spouse of the student to accompany them and work while they are studying full time or working under a post-graduation work permit.

Program Advantages

The biggest advantage is that it allows the spouse to work in Canada and gain valuable Canadian work experience that may lead to permanent residency;

Allows the spouse to work and earn in Canada without any limitations on hours or ties to a specific employer.

Minimum Requirements for Spouses

Their spouse or partner must hold a valid study permit;

Their spouse or partner must be a full-time student;

Their spouse or partner must be studying at designated learning institution that offers post-graduation work permit;

If the Applicant wishes to accompany someone who is working in Canada with a post-graduation work permit:

Their spouse or partner must be on a valid work permit; and,

Their spouse or partner must be working in a skilled position

Start the process today and fill out our Assessment Form here, to see if you are eligible for the Spousal Open Work Permit Program.

Learn More

MVC Immigration Consulting is licensed to process applications for all Provinces in Canada.

For free 15-minute immigration consultation!
Contact MVC Immigation consulting

How to get started? Fill out our assessment form today!


    Please fill out our online assessment form and our team will reach out to you within 48 hours.